SpiritWorks Foundation Center for the Soul is a Recovery Community Organization based in Williamsburg, Virginia. We are comprised of, and led primarily by, people who live in recovery from addiction. We deliver peer to peer programs and services for children, youth, and adults living in recovery from the disease of addiction. Our programs and services build resilience in children, inspire youth to live drug free, and support, educate and empower adults who live in recovery.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- People in recovery constitute a healing force.
- People in recovery carry a message of hope.
- People in recovery are living proof of the liberating, transforming power of recovery.
- Recovery is a vehicle for liberation, visibility/voice and service.
- Addiction is a no-fault illness.
- To achieve recovery each addicted individual must find sense, meaning and life-transforming ideas that end the rituals of drug use.
- Allegiance to a higher calling guides people in recovery and sustains them in the face of temptations, barriers and challenges to their character. View our full mission statement...
RECOVERY COMMUNITY CENTER
Our Recovery Community center provides a variety of programs and services for children, youth, and adults affected by drug and alcohol addiction. We believe recovery to be a self-defined process with many possible pathways to achieving the improved quality of life and well-being that comes with recovery.
Wellness Compass Program
SpiritWorks Foundation Wellness Compass is a tool that promotes wellness through positive self-care. The purpose of the Wellness Compass is to help you create and maintain wellness, and support your efforts to reach your goals. The Recovery Compass Program involves a specific planning process and ongoing management program that allows clients to develop and incorporate wellness strategies into their personal recovery plan.